Apple,pear,cashew and broccoli with cranberries and chopped red onions with the most delicious homemade creamy salad dressing made with sour cream (or greek yogurt or kefir) lemon juice and honey.
This is a very delicious salad which you can make in any season and it is a good choice to get a boost of vitamins, antioxidants and fiber during winter season.
The creamy salad dressing is so delicious – it will literally make the salad disappear off your plates, that’s how good is the flavor combination of all ingredients.
Whenever I make a broccoli salad, I love combining mayo and sour cream together for a creamy salad dressing and love that flavor combination! If you don’t like sour cream (or don’t have it), you can use kefir or Greek yogurt in place of sour cream for an equally good flavor! I also add lemon juice, honey, and salt. Make sure to soften the honey (by heating it up gently) before adding it to other salad dressing ingredients, to make sure it blends in smoothly.
If you still have any doubt about this salad, just take a look at these delicious healthy ingredients: Broccoli, Cashews, Apple, Pear, dried Cranberries, chopped red onions.
Broccoli, Cashew, Apple & Pear Salad
Broccoli, Cashew, Apple and Pear Salad with Cranberries and chopped red onions. The homemade dressing is made with mayonnaise, sour cream (or kefir or Greek yogurt), honey, and lemon juice!
- 5 cups broccoli florets , chopped into small bites
- 1 apple , cored and diced
- 1 pear , cored and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion , diced
- 1 cup cashews , toasted or roasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Creamy Salad Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream or kefir or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey , softened or warmed up
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine together chopped broccoli, diced apple, diced pear, diced red onion, cashews (toasted or roasted) and dried cranberries.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream (or kefir or Greek yogurt), lemon juice, honey, and salt. Note that honey should be soft and runny, warm it up if needed, so that it mixes easily. Whisk the ingredients until well combined and smooth. Add salt if needed.
- Add the dressing to the broccoli salad and stir everything together.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 335 , Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20g 31%, Saturated Fat 4g 20% , Cholesterol 13mg 4% , Sodium 195 mg 8% , Potassium 368 mg 11% , Total Carbohydrates 37g 12% , Dietary Fiber 4g 16% , Sugars 25g , Protein 5g 10% , Vitamin A 9.3% , Vitamin C 65.8% , Calcium 5.3% , Iron 9.7%* Percent
Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.