Baked stuffed pork chops is a dish made from pork loin and is taken perpendicular to the spine of the pig.
Pork chops are very much famous all around the world and in the United States of America almost 10% of the overall pork consumption is pork chops.
oz=1 ounce gallon=3.78 litres qt=32 ounce
YIELD: 50 portions EACH PORTION: 6 oz, chop
Step One To Prepare Baked Stuffed Pork Chops
|Pork chops||50 (6 oz)|
1. With a boning knife , cut pockets in chops.
Step Two To Prepare Baked Stuffed Pork Chops
stuffing (see recipe
below this recipe)
|1 No 303|
2. Drain corn and combine with basic stuffing
3. “Using pastry bag and large round tube ,squeeze corn stuffing into pocket of each
chop.Fasten opening in chop with toothpick.
4 .Place chops in lightly greased roast pan.You will need 2 pans for 50 portions.Brush
tops of chops with oil,broil to brown and bake in 375°F. oven for ½ hour.Small amount
of stock may be added during baking to prevent drying.
Step Three To Prepare Baked Stuffed Pork Chops
|Brown sauce ( see |
|1 gallon |
5. Remove cooked chops from oven and deglaze roast pan.Strain deglazing liquid into hot brow sauce and bring to boil.
6. Serve 2 oz ladle of sauce over each chop for a single portion.
Basic Bread Stuffing
lb= pound oz=1 ounce
YIELD: 50 portions EACH PORTION : 3 oz
Step One To Prepare Basic Bread Stuffing
|Bread, 2 to 4 days|
1. Trim bread removing crusts ; cut in cubes.Soak in cold water and drain it.
Step Two To Prepare Basic Bread Stuffing
Or salad oil
Or bacon fat
|1 lb |
2. Saute celery and onions in fat until tender.
Step Three To Prepare Basic Bread Stuffing
|¾ oz |
3. Combine vegetables seasonings and bread and toss lightly to blend
4. Place in greased baking pan and cover with greased paper.Bake at 350°F to 375°F
for 1 hour
YIELD: 5 qt
lb=pound oz=1 ounce qt=32 ounce pt=16 ounce
Step One To Prepare The Brown Sauce
Butter or margarine
or other fat agent
1. Saute all vegetables in butter or fat in heavy sauce pot until onions are transparent.
2. Add flour and cook for 10 minutes
Step Two To Prepare The Brown Sauce
Bay leaf ,whole
3. Add hot brown stock and tomato puree stirring until slightly thickened and smooth.
4. Add bay leaf salt and pepper and cook for 1 ½ hours .
5. Adjust flavor and consistency.
6. Strain and hold for service.
Step One To Prepare The Brown Stock
Scale gallon=3.78 litres
YIELD: about 4½ gallons
|Beef Bones||25 lb|
1. Review preparation of stock.Cut bones with meat saw.
2. Place the bones in a large roasting pan and brown in preheated oven at 375°F.
3 .Turn bones occasionally to brown uniformly.
4. Remove bones from pan and place in stock pot.
Step Two To Prepare The Brown Stock
|Water to cover||25 lb|
5. Drain fat from pan and reserve.
6. Deglaze roast pan with part of water to dissolve crusting.
7. Cover bones with cool water and deglazing liquor and bring to a boil.
8. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 hours.
Step Three To Prepare The Brown Stock
½ NO 10 can
9. Saute vegetables for mirepoix in reserved fat until browned.
10. Add mirepoix , tomatoes , spices,herbs to stock.
11. Simmer for an additional 3 hours.
12. Strain through china cap and cheese cloth.
13. Vent and cool.Refrigerate and use as required.