Sriracha sauce and red pepper flakes used to prepare this Firecracker Salmon will provide some fiery flavor that give this salmon its name.So perk up your dinner with this fabulous dish.
Let me cut to the chase here. Because as far as fish goes, this is probably as incredible as you’re going to get. I’m not being biased or anything here, I’m just telling you now you’re going to love this salmon.
I’m beginning to get an unhealthy obsession with anything Sriracha. This is coming from someone who never used to eat spicy anything. And now look at me, I put it on everything.close
Now you may look at this salmon and because of its color and its name you’re going to think that this salmon really is so hot that you won’t be able to touch it. Well, it is a bit spicy but I added some brown sugar into the marinade to balance off the spiciness with a bit of sweetness. Trust me on this, it works, this marinade is the super hit.
How to Make Firecracker Salmon
You will want to marinate your fish for at least a couple hours. I believe I left mine in there for 2.5 hours and the longer you leave it, the tastier it will be. Then simply bake it for about 15 to 20 minutes, this really depends on the thickness of your salmon, it might take a bit more if thicker.
You can also use salmon fillets if you don’t want a big piece of fish like this, especially if you’re serving it to guests. If you want to grill this salmon, I would recommend putting it on a large aluminum foil that you can fold up around the edges, so that the marinade can sit in there, then you can grill it with foil and all.
How to Serve Firecracker Salmon
I would serve this over some plain steamed rice, or with a side of steamed vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Total: 25 mins
Perk up your dinner tonight with this Firecracker Salmon. Red pepper flakes and Sriracha sauce provide this salmon with some fiery flavor that give this salmon its name.
- 1 1/2 lb salmon fillet no skin
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce (available at esa jee super store)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a small bowl whisk all the marinade ingredients together.
- Place salmon in a baking dish and pour marinade over the salmon. Rub the marinade over both sides making sure the entire salmon is covered. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the fridge for 2 hours up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Note that the baking time could vary depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve immediately.
Feel free to adjust the amount of sriracha and pepper flakes to your preference.You can use skin-on salmon if that’s what’s available to you.Total time does not include time required to marinade the salmon.Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
Serving: 1g Calories: 394kcal (20%) Carbohydrates: 8.2g (3%) Protein: 34.3g (69%) Fat: 25.8g (40%) Saturated Fat: 3.7g (23%) Cholesterol: 78mg (26%) Sodium: 638mg (28%) Fiber: 0.7g (3%) Sugar: 5.1g (6%)
Course:Main Course Cuisine:American Keyword:ginger, salmon, sriracha