Stuffed Pepper Soup is an inexpensive and delicious soup that will warm your belly from the inside out. A fun twist on traditional Stuffed Peppers, this soup has sausage and ground beef simmered in beef broth with peppers, and tomatoes. Add in rice and serve it hot!
This easy stuffed pepper soup recipe is a family favorite and it reheats beautifully!
BEEF, TOMATOES & RICE
This easy Stuffed Pepper Soup is quick to make (and less prep work than traditional stuffed peppers) but still has tons of flavor! While many stuffed bell pepper recipes use only ground beef, I find the addition of sausage adds a lot of great flavor. Of course this recipe is perfect made with just ground beef (or even ground turkey if you’d prefer).
PEPPERS FOR STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
Red and green peppers are used in this recipe but you can use whatever you have on hand. Red, yellow and orange peppers tend to be sweeter while a green peppers are a bit more zesty. If you prefer a Spicy Stuffed Pepper Soup, add in a minced jalapeno pepper with the bell peppers.
Got leftover rice or beef? This stuffed pepper soup can be made with any leftover ingredients you might have on hand! Leftover rice, ground beef, ground sausage, leftover burgers or meatloaf or peppers that you need to use up can save you time (and money)!
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
Stuffed pepper soup only takes about 35 minutes and can be made in just one pot with only a few minutes of prep!
- Brown beef, onions, and garlic in a large pot. Drain.
- Add remaining ingredients (per recipe below) except rice and simmer 25 to 30 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the cooked rice and parsley and heat about 5 minutes.
TO MAKE IN SLOW COOKER
You can make stuffed pepper soup in the crock pot if you want to cook it while you’re out and about. Prep as directed and cook 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low. Add the cooked rice for the last 20-30 minutes.
Fridge: This recipe can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheated on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Freezer: Stuffed pepper soup can be made in batches and frozen, it reheats really well. Tip: Freeze in individual servings and enjoy as a quick lunch for one!
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground sausage
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 can 16 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 can 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cooked long grain white or brown rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Cook beef, sausage, onion and garlic in a large pot until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except rice. Simmer uncovered 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Add rice and parsley and simmer an additional 5 minutes or until heated through.
Calories: 245, Fat: 9 g Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 58 mg, Sodium: 677 mg, Potassium: 937 mg, Carbohydrates: 15 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 3 g, Protein: 23 g, Vitamin A: 575%, Vitamin C: 43.4%, Calcium: 48%, Iron: 3.1%
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
KEYWORD bell pepper soup, green pepper soup, stuffed green pepper soup, stuffed pepper soup