Chicken pot pie is an excellent pot pie dish which comprises of chicken meat, chicken veloute,chicken dumplings,vegetables and peas.
Yield : 50 Portions EACH PORTION : 3 oz ,cooked meat ,5 oz ,sauce and 1 dumpling
Step One To Prepare Chicken Pot pie
1. Cut each chicken leg in 4 pieces and each single breast in 4 pieces.
Step Two To Prepare Chicken Pot pie
2 ½ lb
2. Cook each vegetable separately in boiling , salted water ;drain.
Step Three To Prepare Chicken Pot pie
3. Reheat chicken meat in chicken stock or vegetable liquor.Drain chicken meat and combine with vegetables and veloute , stirring gently to prevent breaking of chicken in small pieces
4. Serve uniform portions in casseroles and top with dumpling.
(5) Melt butter in saucepan ,stir in flour to make a smooth roux.Cook roux slowly for 5 to 6 minutes.;do not brown.
6. Slowly whip in stock until thickened and smooth.Check seasoning.Continue to cook sauce for 30 minutes.
7. Strain and reserve for intended usage.
VARIATIONS: With the addition of cream, the above sauce becomes a supreme sauce.With the addition of egg yolks and lemon juice it becomes sauce Allemande.
Note: veloute may also be prepared with fish stock or veal stock but then would be specifically be identified as fish veloute
Step One To Prepare Dumplings
Yield: about 30 dumplings Each portion: 1 oz dumpling
Cake flour 1 lb
(2) Baking powder 4 tsp
(3) Salt 1 tsp
(1) Combine and sift flour, baking powder and salt
Step Two To Prepare Dumplings
Milk about 1 pt
(2) Parsley ,chopped (optional) about 2 tbsp
(2) Add about 1 pt milk and mix lightly.Do not over mix.Consistency should be slightly softer than biscuit dough.
(3) Drop 1 oz portions from spoon NO 40 scoop about 1 in apart in hot thickened sauce.Cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.Toggle panel: Configure Rich Snippet