Scale lb=pound pt=16 ounce oz= 1 ounce tsp=teaspoon
YIELD: 50 portions EACH PORTION :4 oz meat, 2 oz sauce
trimmed and tied ,
5 to 6 lb, pieces
1. Brown meat on all sides in 8 oz hot oil in fry pan or skillet.Remove meat to brazier or heavy pot. Pour oil from meat into sauce pot and add 8 oz more oil.
Beef stock Hot
1 no.2 ½
2. Add onions,celery,carrots:saute 15 minutes .Blend in flour and cook for 10
minutes.If roux is too thick add more oil.Add hot stock,stir until thickened and
smooth.Add tomato , juice seasoning and mix well.
3. Pour sauce over meat.Cover and cook at 400 degree F for 2 1/2 hours or
until meat is tender.
4. Remove meat from sauce.Strain sauce and adjust seasoning .If necessary.
5. Cut meat across grain.Serve 4 oz portion of meat with 2 oz ladle of sauce.