You’ll begin with making a marinade for Crispy Baked Greek Chicken Wings which includes quintessential Greek ingredients…olive oil, fresh lemon, garlic and oregano.
Place the marinade in a gallon size Ziploc with 4 lbs. of chicken wings and let marinate for a couple hours in the refrigerator or overnight when possible.
When they’re ready to be cooked, remove wings from the bag and place them on a baking sheet in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.
In the final minutes place them under the broiler for that little extra crisp that makes all the difference.
Watch them turn golden brown, and be sure to check for an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
While the wings are baking you’ll have time to prepare the feta dipping sauce.
The sauce is composed of Greek yogurt, crumbly feta, fresh lemon juice, minced garlic, dried mint and salt.
Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until everything is thoroughly incorporated. You can add more or less of certain ingredients depending on your preference. I like the brightness that the lemon juice adds, so I’m pretty generous with it. We also added a little dried mint which is a perfect accompaniment to the savoriness of the wings.
The thing about this feta dip is that it also makes a delicious dressing for salads…
This dish, highlighting the combination of garlic and oregano with feta, lemon and mint is a lovely example of Greek flavors. And the cool dip against the hot wings is a party all in itself.
CRISPY BAKED GREEK CHICKEN WINGS
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 4 lbs. chicken wings
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup crumbly feta
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp.dried mint
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- Combine first six ingredients in a bowl and whisk to create marinade.
- Place the marinade in a gallon size Ziploc with chicken wings and let marinate for a couple hours in the refrigerator or overnight when possible.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- When ready, remove wings from the bag and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook for 45 minutes.
- In the final minutes place wings under the broiler.
- Cook until golden brown, and an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- While the wings are baking prepare feta dipping sauce.
- Place Greek yogurt, crumbly feta, lemon juice, minced garlic, dried mint and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk until everything is thoroughly incorporated. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve wings hot with dipping sauce.