Grilled Chicken Kebobs with Vegetables is a dish which involves very less ingredients and is a good choice for grilling season.It is a chicken in a garlic and lemon ranch marinade which is so tender and it tastes so good with peppers and onions.
Serve with grilled corn on the cob and your favorite pasta salad
Grilled Chicken Skewers
Grilled chicken kebobs is an excellent choice for the grilling season and its preparation so simple that chicken and vegetables are marinated in ranch dressing , garlic mixture and lemon.It becomes so juicy and are incredibly tender
What is a Kabob?
A kebob is a piece of meat marinated or seasoned and grilled on a skewer with or without vegetables.
Kebobs can be made with any meat for instance Asian beef skewers and even with vegetables like grilled brussels sprouts and other vegetables
Tips for Making Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- If using wooden skewers, soak them for at least 10 minutes in water to prevent them from burning.
- Cut the chicken and peppers in uniform sizes so the meat cooks evenly.
- When coating the chicken and vegetables, coat generously so all the pieces are in the chicken kabob marinade.
- Grill chicken over medium heat. The heat will give the chicken a nice sear and cook thoroughly inside as well.
- Don’t OVERCOOK the chicken.
How Long to Grill Chicken Kebobs: Cook them from 12-15 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the largest part of the chicken reads 165°F.
What Vegetables Can I Use for Chicken Kabobs?
In this chicken kebob recipe, we used green and red pepper with red onion. However, you can use your favorite vegetables or a mixture of them. Here are some variations you can use:
- Red pepper, green pepper or orange pepper
- Red onion or sweet onion
Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables Recipe
PREP TIME 10 minutes COOK TIME 15 minutes MARINATE 30 minutes TOTAL TIME 55 minutes SERVINGS 6 skewers AUTHOR Zeeshan COURSE Chicken, Main Course CUISINE American
The easiest recipe for grilled chicken kebobs with vegetables in a garlic and lemon Ranch marinade. Perfect for grilling season and can be made in advance.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
Chicken Kebob Marinade:
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing (recipe given below)
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper or to taste
- Cut chicken and vegetables into uniform bize-sized pieces.
- In a bowl or freezer bag, combine the Chicken Kebob Marinade ingredients.
- Generously coat the chicken and vegetables in the marinade. Marinate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Thread chicken and vegetables onto skewers.
- Grill 12-15 minutes, until meat reaches 165 F, turning the skewers during cooking.
Ranch Dressing Recipe
It is perfect served with anything from salad to carrot sticks or even for dipping pizza crusts. The tanginess and creamy flavors of ranch pair perfectly with just about anything you can think of. We can’t get enough of it!
Light Buttermilk Ranch Dressing & Dip… This is a delicious and fresh tasting dressing. I literally could eat this like yogurt it is so good!
We go through a lot of this stuff in our house! You can use it for dipping everything from veggies to pizza crust. Making it homemade is definitely a healthier alternative than purchasing it at the store.
Fresh Herbs and Real Buttermilk
This version of Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is filled with fresh herbs and real buttermilk making for an amazing dressing! The best part is that it is relatively light when you use reduced fat products, so you can enjoy it guilt-free!
If you can, fresh herbs taste best but if you don’t have them, you can use dried in a pinch (cut the quantity in half). I think I’ve made this recipe about 100 times… it’s kind of a staple around here!
The Perfect Dip
This recipe goes perfectly with a ton of dishes! My favorite way to serve it is as a side dish for chicken wings. It’s the perfect dip! It also goes great on salads, pizza, with veggies, the options are endless!
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing & Dip Recipe
PREP TIME 5 minutes TOTAL TIME 5 minutes SERVINGS 16 AUTHOR Zeeshan COURSE Snack CUISINE American Buttermilk Ranch Dressing & Dip… This is a delicious and fresh-tasting dressing. Made with a simple base of mayo, sour cream and buttermilk and a variety of seasonings and fresh herbs.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (I use low fat)
- 2/3 cup sour cream (I use low fat)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper (each)
- Mix all ingredients and let sit at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Reduce buttermilk to 3/4c to make ranch dip. Keeps 1 week in the fridge.
NUTRITION INFORMATION Calories: 92, Fat: 9 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 11 mg, Sodium: 83 mg, Potassium: 36 mg, Carbohydrates: 1 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 1 g, Protein: 1 g, Vitamin A: 120%, Vitamin C: 0.5%, Calcium: 29%, Iron: 0.1%
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)