This homemade Italian Salad Dressing tastes just like the restaurant version. Learn how to make this salad at home for your family and friends!
Olive Garden Salad Dressing Ingredients
- Vine Ripened Tomatoes
- Large Black olives
- Red onions
- Pepperoncinis (These are jarred and are found in the same section as the pickles/olives)
- Croutons (You can actually purchase Olive Garden’s Croutons
- Parmesan cheese
Best Olive Oil for Salad Dressing
-Make sure you use high quality extra virgin olive oil when making this recipe. In turn, it’ll yield a high quality salad dressing and will ensure that the olive oil remains in liquid form when refrigerated.
Storing Leftover Salad
- Prepared salad should be refrigerated as soon as possible in an airtight container, free from as much moisture as possible.
- Salad can’t be frozen, lettuce that has been frozen or even chilled at too low of a temperature ruins it’s consistency and freshness. Once that’s happened, it can’t be recovered.
- Refrigerated salad lasts anywhere from 1-3 days, it’s only as good until the least-fresh ingredient in the salad begins to go bad.
Servings: 24 servings
Italian Salad Dressing
- 7 oz. Italian Dressing Mix
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, high-quality olive oil yields much better results in this recipe
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ Tablespoon mayo, not miracle whip
- Mix everything thoroughly together and refrigerate. That’s it!
- Mixture will settle upon sitting, simply shake before each use.
- This will keep for 4 weeks in the refrigerator.
- 2 Tablespoons = 1 serving
Calories: 64, Fat: 6g, Sodium: 137mg, Calcium: 1%, Iron: 0.1%