Roast Stuffed Shoulder Of Lamb
YIELD : 50 portions EACH PORTION: 5 OZ. LAMB.1 OZ,STUFFING,
Ingredients And Quantities
Basic bread stuffing (recipe is given below) 1/3 recipe
(2) Lamb shoulders 25 lb boned trimmed of excess fat
1. Divide stuffing equally among lamb shoulders and roll mixture inside each shoulder
.Tie securely with butchers twine.
Ingredients And Quantity
(1) Oil 4 oz
(2) Salt to taste
(3) Pepper to taste
(4) Rosemary 2 tsp
|2. Place lamb in greased roasting pan ;rub outside of each shoulder with oil, salt,pepper,rosemary.Roast is preheated 350°F.oven for about 2½ hours.|
(1) onions coarsely chopped 1 lb
(2) Celery coarsely chopped 1/2 lb
(3) Carrots coarsely chopped 1/2 lb
3. At end of 1 hr., turn lamb on opposite side and add mirepoix.
4. When done remove meat from pan. Cover with clean dump towel ; hold in warm
5. Pour about 10 oz.oil and fat from roast pan into a sauce pan and add flour to make
6. Place pan in which meat was roasted on range and add stock.Scrape bottom of pan and to loosen little brown particles known as fond. Simmer until vegetables are tender.Strain.
7. Place pan in which meat was roasted on range and add stock Scrape bottom of pan
to add little brown particles known as fond Simmer until vegetables are tender.Strain.
8. Add strained stock to cooked roux.Stirring until thickened and smooth.Strain again
through fine china cap, adjust seasoning and hold for service.
9. Slice across grain, so that stuffing shows in center of each slice.Serve with 2 oz
Basic Bread Stuffing Recipe
Scale: lb=pound oz=1 ounce
YIELD: 50 portions EACH PORTION: 3 oz
|Bread, 2 to 4 |
1. Trim bread; removing crusts and cut it in cubes.Soak it in cold water and then drain it.
or salad oil
or bacon fat
| 2. Saute celery and onions in fat until|
3. Combine vegetables, seasoning and bread and toss lightly to blend.
4. Place in greased baking pan and cover with greased paper Bake at 350°F to 375°F.For 1 hour.