I love the taste of peanut butter and this is the first time I am adding chocolate to the peanut butter to make cookies which are peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies and it gives the great texture and flavor to the basic chocolate but I am afraid how it taste because the peanut butter taste is too strong and I had some doubts about the flavor of the biscuits but it tastes so great.The taste is not overwhelming but it combines so well with the chocolate.
I am pretty much sure that our readers will enjoy the taste of the biscuits especially the kids would love to have these biscuits.
Nutritional Facts Of Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1 cookie contains –calories: 121, fat 6.9 g, saturated fat 2.7 g, carbohydrates: 13.7 g, fiber: 0.9 g, sugar :8.4 g, cholesterol: 14 mg, protein :2.9g; calories from fat 62, sodium 83 mg, potassium 79 mg, vitamin A 1%, iron 6%, calcium 1%, vitamin c 0%, nutrition grade C
Daily percent values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
140 g or 10 tbsp of unsalted softened butter
50 g or 1/4 cup of granules sugar
135 g or 2/3 cup of firmly packed light or dark
140 g or 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
Vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon
1½ cups all purpose flour or 185 g
1 tablespoon cornstarch (cornflour)
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
Milk chocolate 8 oz coarsely chopped (use 5 bars of chocolate)
1. Combine butter,sugar and peanut butter in a large pot and use an electric mixer or standard mixer to beat until it becomes creamy and well combined.
2. Add egg yolk, egg and vanilla extract and stir well.
3. In a separate medium size bowl whisk together baking soda, cornstarch, flour and salt.
4. Stir flour mixture into peanut butter mixture gradually with mixture on low speed. Pausing occasionally to scrape down the sides of bowl.
5. Stir in chocolate pieces by the help of spatula.
6. Cover cookie dough with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator.Chill it for at least 30 minutes.
7. Preheat oven at 350°F/175°C.Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set it aside.
8. Once oven has preheated and cookie dough has chilled remove dough from fridge and scoop cookie dough into roughly 1½ tablespoon-sized balls.Roll into balls between your palms if desired and then place onto prepared cookie sheets.
9. Place cookies at least 1½ inch apart on prepared baking sheets and bake for about 12 minutes
10. Allow cookies to cool completely on baking sheets before serving.