Poaching Technique Used In Poached Salmon Recipe
Poaching is a cooking techniques in which the food for instance fish,chicken or any kind of meat is submerged into the water or any other liquid such as beef stock,chicken stock,milk etc.In this recipe ( poached salmon recipe) we are going to show you how to prepare a delicious poached salmon dish by using this poaching technique
Yield: 50 portions Each portion: about 5 oz
(1) Salmon steaks or boneless 50 pieces (5 to 6 oz ea)
(2) Butter 8 oz
(3) Court bouillon (see recipe below) 1 gallon
(1) Place fish in bottom of buttered baking pans and barely cover with hot court bouillon.
(2) Cover pans with sheets of buttered paper.
(3) Cook slowly on top of range or bake at 350 °F for about 20 to 25 minutes.Fish must barely simmer.
(4) When cooked drain well.Remove all skin and bones before serving
(5) Serve hot with appropriate sauce.May be served with egg sauce (recipe given elow),Hollandaise (recipe given below) or Bearnaise sauce (recipe given below)
Yield: 3½ qt
(1) Water 7 pt
(2) Vinegar cider 8 oz
(3) Onions fine dice 3 oz
(4) Celery fine dice 2 oz
(5) Carrots fine dice 2-1/3 oz
(6) Salt 1 oz
(7) Peppercorns crushed 1 tsp
(8) Parsley sprigs 5
(9) Cloves whole 1/2 tsp
(10) Bay leaf 1
(11) Lemon sliced thin 1/2
(1) Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
(2) Reduce heat and simmer 1/2 hr
(3) Strain and adjust seasoning
Yield: 1 gallon
Cream sauce (recipe given below) 1 gallon
(2) Hard cooked eggs small dice 12
(3) (chopped chives and chopped parsley) optional 1 tbsp
(1) Follow recipe for medium cream sauce .Adjust seasoning.
(2) Dice hard cooked eggs and combine with cream sauce.Stir gently.
Medium Cream Sauce
(1) Butter or margarine for 1 gallon 6 oz for 3 gallon 1 lb for 5 gallon 1 lb.12 oz
(2) Bread flour for 1 gallon 6 oz for 3 gallon 1 lb for 5 gallon 1 lb .12 oz
(3) Milk for 1 gallon 1 gallon for 3 gallon 3 gallon for 5 gallon 5 gallon
(4) Salt For 1 gallon 1 tbsp For 3 gallon 3 tbsp For 5 gallon 2 oz
(1) Melt butter in thick bottomed sauce pot.Stir in flour to make a roux.Cook over low heat,stirring constantly for 8 to 10 minutes.Do not allow roux to brown.
(2) Heat milk to boiling.Stir into roux gradually,beating briskly until sauce is thickened and smooth.
(3) Simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Bring to a boil.
(4)Strain through china cap.
NOTE: To hold white sauce in baine marie ,spread a little melted butter over top of sauce to keep a skin from forming.This light white sauce is generally prepared for the use in creamed vegetables.
Cream Sauce: Use cream or cream and milk mixture as desired.