Shish kebab is a delicious dish of skewered and grilled cubes of meat.It is similar to Shashlik and has originated from Caucasus region.It comprises of lamb meat and have an excellent flavour that appeals to the taste buds.These kebabs are full of nutrition and can be made on special occasions and the method to prepare these kebabs is easy.
I have divided the preparation of this dish in steps to make it easy for our viewers to understand the cooking methods and techniques
Step One To Prepare Shish Kebab
Scale: pt=16 ounce oz=1 ounce tbsp=table spoon tsp=teaspoon
lb=pound or 16 ounce
YIELD: 20 portions Each portion: 1 skewer
1. Mix all marinade ingredients; pour over lamb and marinate several hours or overnight.
Step Two To Prepare Shish Kebab
Method To Prepare This Dish
2. Saute mushrooms caps slightly in oil.
Step Three To Prepare Shish Kebab
|Pearl onions||40 pieces|
Blanch onions if fresh.May use canned onions.
Step Four To Prepare Shish Kebab
inches thick slices)
4. Place ingredients on long skewer as follows: (Do not crowd on skewer) tomato,lamb,mushroom,onion,lamb ,pepper,onion lamb,pepper,mushroom ,lamb,tomato.Place in marinade until ready to broil.
5. Drain well and place under hot broiler about 10 minutes,turning as needed to cook uniformly.Do not burn.
6. Lamb should be medium unless otherwise indicated.Serve on bed of rice pilaf.
Note: Cooking methods and techniques plays a key role in the preparation of a healthy and delicious shish kebab dish.As a delicious food is liked by a majority of folks but it is also necessary that the food is prepared by techniques which make the food healthy and delicious.