Introduction To Chili Jam
Chili jam is a delicious condiment which is made especially to enhance the taste of many dishes and can be used in many ways.Ways to use the chili jam are given below this recipe.
Ingredients,Quantities And Methods To Prepare Chilli Jam
Ingredients,quantities and methods to Prepare chili jam along with techniques which makes the cooking more easy and healthy.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Total cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes 1 cup
12 red jalapeno jellies
2 medium ripe tomatoes
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 green apple, finely grated
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
Method To Prepare The Dish
1 . Cut the chilies in half lengthwise then remove and discard seeds.Lay cut side down on an oven tray and place under a hot grill until the skin is black.Cover with foil and leave to cool.
2.. Cut a small cross in the base (opposite stem end) of the tomatoes ,cover with boiling water and leave for 2 minutes.Drain and cool.Peel the skin and from the chilies and tomatoes and chop the flesh finely.
3. Combine the onion, apple,vinegar and sugar with the tomato and chill in a medium pan.Stir until the sugar has dissolved and bring to the boil.Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.Keep covered in the refrigerator for up to a month
NOTE Use sparingly as a relish with cheese or cold meat or add to soups and stews for extra heat.
Uses Of Chili Jam
- Chili jam gives a great taste if used with different pastas and pasta sauces like stir it with spaghetti sauce it will give a great taste.
2. In summer pasta sauces you can use it to make summer sauces spicy and warm.
3. It can be brushed over a roast pork to make sweet and spicy glaze and it should be brushed over the roasted lamb,pork etc for the last 30 minutes before it is done.
4. It gives a great flavor if mixed in chocolate cake mix before it is cooked.
5. For the purpose of chicken marinade mix it in mango chutney to give a great taste.
6. Can be mixed in salads to enhance the taste of salads,chaats e.t.c.
7. It gives a great taste to fish dishes when mixed with mash.
8. For a hot winter warmer add a teaspoon of chili jam in warm chocolate.
9. Stir in to stir fries like chicken stir fry ,veggie stir fry for a great taste.