This is an easy chicken parmesan dish which is one of my favorite dish.It is very tender ,juicy and crisp on the outside.Its preparation is very simple that is just take thin cut chicken breast and bread it in the mixture of parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs.Pan fry it until its color gets golden brown and top it with marinara and mozzarella cheese.After it gets baked in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is gooey and melted.The best thing about this dish is that it stays crispy and does not get soggy.
This recipe involves three step breading process that is parmesan cheese+breadcrumbs, flour and eggs.Boneless and skinless chicken breast is used in the preparation of this dish.Pound this chicken breast in 1/2 inch thickness because it keeps chicken juicy and tender.
One useful tip I want to give is when you bread the chicken always keep one hand for wet ingredients and one hand for dry ingredients.This saves your hand from bread coating.
What is chicken parmesan
Chicken parmesan is an Italian meal of thinly sliced chicken breast breaded and then baked, pan fried or deep fried until crisp.Then it gets off with marinara sauce and then with mozzarella cheese.
- Chicken Breast
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Tomato Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Basil for serving
How to Make Chicken Parmesan
Slice chicken in half:First of all cut chicken in half horizontally.Pound each piece half inch thick and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Add flour to a shallow dish and put it aside.Add egg to a shallow bowl , whisk it and set it aside.Add breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese to a shallow bowl and mix to combine.Dip the chicken into the flour ,egg and parmesan breadcrumbs.
Pan fry chicken: Heat oil in a large skillet and add chicken two at a time to the skillet.Cook it for 2-3 minutes until it gets golden brown.
Broil: Place chicken in a pan or sheet tray and top with mozzarella cheese. Broil on high until melted and bubbly.
Place chicken in a sheet tray or pan and top with mozzarella cheese.Broil on high until melted and bubbly.
Serve: Immediately with tomato sauce on top and a sprinkle of basil for serving!
Baked Chicken Parmesan
If you want to bake the chicken instead of pan frying then I recommend baking in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.The breading instructions and ingredients for the baked Parmesan chicken are same as pan frying.
What makes this recipe the best
- Replacing some of the breadcrumbs with parmesan cheese helps to keep the breading crispy on the outside and super cheesy.
- Pounding the chicken to a 1/2 inch thick keeps the cooking time down resulting in a juicier and tender piece of chicken. It also helps the chicken to cook evenly.
- I start with a hot pan and make sure not to overcrowd the pan. This will ensure the chicken is extra crispy and never soggy.
Can this recipe be made in advance?
Yes! You can prep this recipe by breading the chicken in advance and freezing. When you are ready to eat place frozen chicken in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
What to serve with this chicken parmesan recipe
- Serve with a big plate of pasta and extra tomato sauce on the side
- Zucchini Noodles for a low carb option
- Pasta with Garlic and Oil
- Egg Noodles
- Mashed Potatoes
- Pasta Carbonara
- Garlic Bread
- Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Easy Chicken Shawarma
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Grilled Asian Chicken
- 20 Minute Cashew Chicken
The Best Chicken Parmesan Recipe
The best chicken parmesan. Tender pan fried chicken breasts coated in panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. A quick and easy 30 minute meal everyone will love!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 pound
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- basil for serving if desired
- Cut chicken in half horizontally. Pound each piece until 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add flour to a shallow dish.
- Add egg to a shallow bowl and whisk, set aside.
- Add breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to a shallow bowl and mix to combine.
- Starting with the flour and ending with breadcrumbs, dip the chicken into the flour, egg and Parmesan breadcrumbs.
- Add oil to a large skillet.
- Add chicken two at a time to the skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden grown and cooked all the way through.
- Place chicken in a pan or sheet tray and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil on high until melted and bubbly. Top with tomato sauce and a sprinkle of basil for serving, if desired. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 321 Calories from Fat 153%
Daily Value*Fat 17g 26% Saturated Fat 6g 38% Cholesterol 97mg 32% Sodium 773 mg 34% Potassium 471 mg 13% Carbohydrates 18g 6% Fiber 2g 8% Sugar 4g 4% Protein 24g 48% Vitamin A 535IU 11% Vitamin C 5mg 6% Calcium 256mg 26% Iron 2.1 mg 12%*
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.