Veal Paprika With Sauerkraut
Veal paprika is a dish of Hungarian origin and at that time it was cooked in a kettle and in Hungary veal paprika was one of the famous Hungarian stews.It belongs to Hungarian cuisine.Paprika did not appear till the 18th century and it was in the 18th century that the people started to season their foods with paprika.
If you are searching for a veal dish which is easy to make and have the delicious taste that appeals to the taste buds then veal paprika is the best dish.You can also make this dish to serve to your guests as it is tasty and well presentable.
If we talk about its effects on health then this dish has a very good effect on a persons health as it contains vitamin C which is a primary antioxidant which help protect cells from damaging free radicals.It also reduces the risk of cardiovascular and low blood pressure.It also reduces the blood glucose level in your body and reduces your weight. It helps to protect your skin from wrinkling and protects your skin from drying.It helps in getting your digestive system moving and protects you from constipation.
Step One To Prepare Veal Paprika
Scale pt=16 ounce qt=32 ounce lb=pound or 16 ounce oz=ounce
ea=each serving tsp=teaspoon tbsp=table spoon
Yield: 50 portions Each portion : about 4 oz, veal
Veal 18 lb
- Cut meat into 1½-inch-by 1-inch-pieces
Step Two To Prepare Veal Paprika
Butter 1 lb
Onions sliced 6 lb
Garlic cloves minced 3
Paprika 6 tbsp
Dry wine or white wine vinegar(its non alcoholic) 8 oz
White stock (recipe given below) 8 oz
2. Melt butter in sauce kettle.Add onions and cook slowly until tender.Add garlic cook lightly.Add paprika.Add 8 oz dry wine or white wine vinegar and 8 oz of white stock.Add meat and cook until meat is slightly brown.
Step Three To Prepare Veal Paprika
Sauerkraut (canned, drain and wash sauerkraut) with juice 10 lb
4. Brown 3 oz butter in a frying pan, then pour over cutlets.
5. Serve sauteed potatoes as a side dish.
Step One To Prepare White Stock
Yield about 4½ gallons
Bones veal,beef or chicken 25 lb
Water to cover about 6 gallons
- It is like preparation of stock.Cut bones with meat saw.
- Wash and rinse all bones in cold water.
- Place bones in stock pot and cover with cold water.
- Place on range and bring to boil.Drain all liquid.Cover bones with cold water again.
- Bring to a boil.Reduce heat and simmer for 3 hours.
Step Two To Prepare White Stock
Onions chopped 2 lb
Celery chopped 1 lb
Carrots 1 lb
Bay leaves 3
Thyme 1 tsp
Peppercorns ,crushed 1 tsp
Cloves whole 1 tsp
Parsley stems from 1/2 bunch.
6. Add mirepoix,spices,herbs and parsley stems.
7.Simmer for an additional 3 hours.
8. Strain through china cap and cheesecloth.
9. Vent and cool. Refrigerate and use as required.