Uses Of Spicy Corn Relish
Spicy Corn relish is one of those condiments which is spicy and have a very good flavor when used as a topping of some burgers patty especially meat burger like beef burger etc.It can also be served with meat dishes.
Basically people use eggs and other sauces as their burger patty toppings to make the taste of their burger good but try this condiment as your burger patty topping and you will have a tasty and spicy and tasty burger experience.
Spicy Corn Relish (very best among corn condiments)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
total cooking time: 25 minutes
Makes: 2 cups
1 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup caster sugar
2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 small onion finely chopped
425 grams can corn kernels
1/4 cup finely chopped red capsicum
1 teaspoon finely chopped red chili
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cornflour
1 tablespoon water
1. Place vinegar,sugar and mustard in medium pan.Bring to boil stirring until sugar dissolves.Reduce heat;simmer 5 minutes.Add onion , corn,capsicum,chili,turmeric and salt.
2. Mix cornflour with water; add to mixture ,stirring constantly.Cook 5 minutes to thicken.Spoon into warmed,sterilized jars seal while hot and store in a cool ,dark place
SERVE with cold meats or on jacket potatoes
Eggplant relish is among those condiments which are served with barbecued,grilled or roast meats such as lamb, beef or kangaroo.
Preparation time: 15 minutes plus standing time
Total cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes about: 1 ½ cups
300g baby egg plant,cut into 5 mm slices
salt 2 tablespoons
1 medium red onion,finely chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil extra
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 .Place the eggplant in a colander and sprinkle with salt.Set aside for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in the medium frying pan.Cook the onion and garlic over medium heat,stirring frequently,for 8 minutes or until the onion is softened.Remove with the slotted spoon and place in a glass or a ceramic bowl.
3. Wash the eggplant,drain and pat dry with paper towels.Heat the remaining oil in a pan; add the eggplant and cook,stirring over medium high heat for 2 minutes.Reduce the heat and cook,stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until the eggplant is softened and cooked.Do not allow to burn.
4. Add the eggplant to the onion mixture and stir in the sugar, vinegar, extra oil and parsley.Cover with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.Will keep for 4 days,covered and refrigerated,but is best served at room temperature
SERVE with barbecued,grilled or roast meats such as lamb, beef or kangaroo.Use as a bruschetta topping, with meat as a focaccia filling or as a side dish with cold meats.
Horseradish cream is among those condiments which are served with vegetables,crudites,salads,smoked fish or over savory foods such as fish cakes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total cooking time: nil
Makes 2/3 cups
1/3 cup bottled horseradish
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
Salt and pepper
1 . Combine the horseradish and sour cream in a small bowl,beating until well mixed.
2. Season to taste with salt and pepper
SERVE with vegetables crudites,salads,smoked fish or over savory foods such as fish cakes